Search This Blog

Saturday 22 September 2012

Reflecting on Week Three.....

Oh and what a week it has been! Sometimes trying, sometimes challenging, sometimes frustrating... but it is done and many things have been accomplished!
Last Saturday to help me to rejuvenate and relax I visited one of the most beautiful Rivers in Trinidad and spent a few hours relaxing in the cold fresh water! Oh how relaxing. This helped in the reflecting and resting that i had done in the previous week!
Monday saw me go to school and what i do best which is bring about learning in the minds of my charges.
Tuesday saw that i was not feeling well but I went to school because i know my students depend on me and I want to be the instrument of change in their lives! Unfortunately by the time i got home I was feeling worst and had to visit the Hospital for Emergency care due to severe tingling pain along my right side ! Teaching is stress and so too is life and the both having a tremendous effect on me!
Wednesday is was told that I am to attend CAC Workshop for Drama!!! I had to drive to Rio Claro and talk bout Drama, well only 9 out of 29 persons showed up and the building which we had to use had NO electricity for the a.m. period! However the activities were A LOT of fun and we did a lot to be incorporated in the classroom!
Thursday i again attended CAC  Workshop for drama but I visited the St Mary's Government Primary school and completed the session there. Again it was very interesting and therefore I will be implementing some if not all of these in my class!
Friday I went to school and and found myself very irritated by the lack of respect for the property of the teacher. Students lack so much respect that they believe that all things belong to them, well after the lecture i gave i feel sure that it will never happen again.
Its Saturday , as i write and as most teacher I am unable to have any type of entertainment due to it not being the month's end thus NO money!!!!! How sad it is that teachers must live under such situations no matter how hard they try to improve their status. When will the powers that be see that we need to be paid fairly!

I Love my Country
Happy 36th Republic Day Trinidad and Tobago 
on
 Monday 24th September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment