Search This Blog

Saturday 8 September 2012

Catching up!!!!!!!!!

So i have alot to say about alot of things for the past week so here goes!

Sunday- preparing to return to school.... scary and exciting. Wanting to return to work but at the same time sadden by not getting a transfer :(
Monday- Arrived at work and whooo hoooo! Found myself between two levels.... first year infants and standard four! was asked to give a little help because a colleague was ill! At the end of the day i could just collapse due to the heat! Finally visited my class and did the introduction and welcome!
Tuesday- found myself between two levels again and students who did not want to being my classroom!  Principal will deal with that!!! Started to assess students to ascertain their levels of learning and to plan my program of work.
Wednesday- Its really difficult and challenging to be at a new level! i am facing personal challenges in trying to adapt to this level since i have not been here for more than 10 years! It is taking a toll on my health and i am wondering if i will overcome! its really difficult to teach topics of which i have very little knowledge and i hope that the powers that be can see that it is too difficult for a teacher without such knowledge to teach subjects such a Agriculture, Dance, Physical Ed and Drama!
Thursday- settling in to work ..... difficulty is the pace at which the students work and having to build their speed and focus! Children are at various stages and a few of them really need individual attention and special ed care but the MOE has dissolved these units and i am not trained in Special Ed.
Friday- We are all disenchanted with the working conditions and the pace of negotiations in our country. Teachers are working on a 2008 salary and its sad that we do not even have money to buy groceries or send our children to school. My house needs alot of work to be done on it and it scares me that i am unable to go to any financial institution and not qualify due to the state of my finances!  i cannot save from what i don't have. So i marched with my colleagues and i feel the support but i really want to see a difference in my bank account! Its the 8th of the month and i have less than $20.00 how am i going to take care of my family and work proficiently for the rest of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment